Spiritual Path

On the path of spirituality, one has to be open minded and meet everyone with BIG heart..As we all are spiritual but dont know who is evolved in what way..Omega divine Circle gives one platform to meet spiritual people world wide and to share their views about spirituality. Spiritual journey is an unending journey with infinite knowledge and experiences on can have while interacting with nature and its belongings..

Monday 25 March 2013

Self- Realization Story..

There is a story about a professor who went to a great saint and asked, When will I attain Self- realization? And the saint told him,`Sir, you will take at least 6 to 7 years'. Then the postman (Not much educated), who had come there to deliver letters to the saint said, `Sir, I think I must stop all this work now and keep quiet. I have this feeling of wonderful stillness coming in my heart when I come near you - I dont know what it is. Whenever I come, I listen when you talk to others - though I have not read any books...' When will I attain that absolute stillness which you talk about? So the saint said,` Soon, very soon- may be in a few days!'

The professor got very upset. `What is this Yogi Saying? Her, I have studies everything, and this postman knows nothing. Then how can he attain self-realization in a few days while I need six years!' When he had cooled down, the Saint said,` Sir, it will take me six years to clear the rubbish which you have collected in your memory! When it is gone, the rest is easy!'

Therefore, Sometimes when the mind becomes filled with the pride of having knowledge and thinks that it will now see the Supreme Being, then it is far away from understanding the Supreme, because now the ego has come in. Our effort should be reverse the process and break down the barrier of ego.

Sometimes, Knowledge also becomes an obstacle to the understanding of the Truth, because Truth should be absolutely clear and simple.

BY Sri M.

No comments:

Post a Comment