Spiritual Path

On the path of spirituality, one has to be open minded and meet everyone with BIG heart..As we all are spiritual but dont know who is evolved in what way..Omega divine Circle gives one platform to meet spiritual people world wide and to share their views about spirituality. Spiritual journey is an unending journey with infinite knowledge and experiences on can have while interacting with nature and its belongings..

Monday 25 March 2013

Who am I ?

Upanishads says Kannu means `eye’. This roughly means - `That which is the `eye’ of the eye, that which sees behind the eye – what is that? That is the mind. The mind is the `eye’ of the eye. There is `something’ behind the mind, which sees the mind also, which witnesses the mind. How blissful it is when I understand that `That’ which is also the `eye’ of the mind is my true self!
By whom is the mind activated? When I say,` I think’. Who is it that says, `I think’? Where does thought originate from? One great saint called Ramana Maharshi, said that a simple way to find out where the thoughts begin from- the source of thought – is to enquire into the question, `where does this `I’ feeling come from?

So he reduced the whole Vedanta into a simple sentence – deham naaham koham soham.
Deham naaham - `I am not the body.’ It is `my’ body. If I am not the body, then Koham? - `Who am I ?’ Soham! - `I am `That’ !’ That Supreme Being( Brahman) which cannot be touched by life or death - `That’ am I !

By Sri M..

No comments:

Post a Comment